The theme for this month’s meeting: Review of Supreme Court 2022-23 Decisions with Judge Tom Long
Join us for our August meeting at the Peninsula Center Library Community Room. Zoom access will be provided for those who cannot attend in-person. Our meeting starts at 2:30 pm, but join us at 2 pm to chat with other Democrats.
Our featured speaker is Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Thomas Long, who was appointed by Governor Jerry Brown in 2015. Every August, since 2014, Judge Long has been sharing his insightful commentary on the cases highlighted in the University of CA, Irvine School of Law Annual Supreme Court Term In Review panel discussion (which is in its 13th year).
This year UCI Chancellor’s Professor Michele Goodwin will serve as moderator for panelists:
- Mario Barnes, Professor of Law, UCI Law
- Jamelle Bouie, Columnist, New York Times
- Jessica Clarke, Professor of Law, Vanderbilt Law School
- Moira Donegan, U.S. Columnist, The Guardian
- Mark Joseph Stern, Senior Writer, Slate