By Caryl Schwartz —
You have received your ballot ……Time to Vote!
- For voter information: bluevoterguide.org
- Help with Door Hangers – PV Dems has 2000 California Democratic Party Official Endorsements door hangers to distribute in RPV. Door hangers include our local races – Paul Seo for RPV City Council, and Ami Gandhi and Dr. Sara Deen for PVPUSD. We need people to help distribute! If you have questions or would like to participate, email email@example.com
- Meet Senator Alex Padilla! The Senator is coming to Garden Grove on Saturday, November 5 for a canvass launch, 11 AM-3 PM. Sign up at https://JayChen.us/Padilla
- PV Dems is sponsoring weekly canvassing in District 45 (Jay Chen vs. Michelle Steel) and Monday afternoon phonebanks. Links to sign up are listed below:
Sign up to Canvass in Fountain Valley on Saturdays: https://www.mobilize.us/cadems/event/496624/
Three shifts available: 9 AM – 12 PM, 12 PM – 3 PM, 3 PM – 6 PM
Sign up for Monday Phone Bank: https://www.mobilize.us/cadems/event/496551/
Time: 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
PV Dems Monday phonebanks for Jay Chen are a blast! We are having really significant conversations with voters in CA District 45. It’s very rewarding and fun to educate voters about the candidates. Who doesn’t love immediate gratification? Phone banking increases voter turnout by 4%.
Talk about instant gratification…someone who always voted Republican says they are supporting the Democrat after your conversation; they simply didn’t know their representative’s voting record. The realization that their representative voted against their best interests changed their mind.
Canvassing, which is face to face conversations with voters, increases voter turnout by 6%. The increased voter turnout will determine which Party controls the House and Senate.
- I urge you to please get involved. California may determine which political party controls the House of Representatives. The following California Congressional Districts are all in play and redistricting has created highly competitive races with constituents unfamiliar with their representatives and the candidates challenging them. Check out the LA Times top 10 races to watch here. The list below is color coded with the incumbent’s name first. I encourage you to pick a candidate from the list of toss-up races and volunteer:
CA-03 JONES VS. KILEY
CA-09 HARDER VS. PATTI
CA-13 GRAY VS. DUARTE
CA-22 VALADAO VS.SALAS
CA-27 GARCIA VS. SMITH
CA-40 KIM VS. MAHMOOD
CA-41 CALVERT VS. ROLLINS
CA-45 STEEL VS. CHEN
CA-47 PORTER VS. BAUGH
CA-49 LEVIN VS. MARYOTT
- OUR LOCAL RACES MATTER!
Endorsed Candidates are as follows:
Paul Seo for RPV City Council: https://www.votepaulseo.com
Suggestion: bullet vote for Paul Seo – there may be three open RPV City Council seats, but you don’t have to vote for three candidates; you can choose to vote for only one candidate, Paul Seo.
Dr. Sara Deen for PVPUSD: https://www.drsaradeen.com/
Ami Gandhi for PVPUSD: https://www.gandhi4pv.com/committees.html
The PVPUSD race is critical – 4 out of 5 School Board Seats are open. Recording of the PVPUSD Candidate Forum at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY3pQkOjKrU.
- Volunteer, Donate, Get Involved!
If there is a candidate, a race, or an organization you are interested in, please go to their website and volunteer. All the campaigns need your help to get over the finish line. We need to control the House and Senate to ensure that Joe Biden does not become a lame duck President.
Thank you in advance for participating in any way you can to ensure Democrats will control the House and Senate.