July 18 – PICNIC 5pm – 7pm on the lawn of St Luke’s Presbyterian Church, 26825 Rolling Hills Rd, RHE
Congressman Ted Lieu is the Featured Speaker and will provide the oath of office for our new PV Dems Board
Many local elected officials to speak – speaker’s list is featured on website’s home page and on the July calendar invite
FIRST In–Person Meeting back at the Peninsula Center Library Community Room – 701 Silver Spur Rd, RHE
Meetings will be streamed LIVE for those who cannot attend. Social time begins at 2 pm if you would like to join us early. The meeting starts at 2:30 pm.
August 15 – 2020-21 Supreme Court Review: UCI Law’s 11th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review
Judge Tom Long of the Los Angeles Superior Court will continue our annual tradition of providing commentary on the Supreme Court cases reviewed in UCI (University of California Irvine) Law’s July 6 program
The UCI panel is moderated by Rick Hasen, Chancellor’s Professor of Law and Political Science, UCI Law.
The panelists include:
- Emily Bazelon, Staff Writer, New York Times Magazine and Lecturer in Law, Senior Research Scholar in Law, and Truman Capote Fellow at Yale Law School
- Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean and Jesse H. Choper Distinguished Professor of Law, Berkeley Law
- Paul D. Clement, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis
- Stephen Lee, Professor of Law, UCI Law
- Melissa Murray Frederick I. and Grace Stokes Professor of Law, NYU Law
Leave a Reply