- This event has passed.
PVP Democrats April Meeting – Live Stream Meeting Using Zoom
April 19, 2020 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Climate Change and Other Pressing Issues is the theme for our April 19th meeting.
California State Senator Ben Allen, representing the 26th district since 2015, will talk about the state climate initiatives he is supporting and his views of the primary election and current COVID-19 crisis. Senator Allen , chair of the Senate Environmental Quality Committee, co-chair of the Environmental Caucus, coauthored the Senate’s historic climate change legislation, which requires 50% of the state’s energy to come from renewable sources, and doubles energy efficiency in buildings by 2030.
Councilmember Steve Zuckerman, serving on the City of Rolling Hills Estates Council since November 1997, represents the city on the Clean Power Alliance Board. The Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is the new community choice aggregator provider in LA and Ventura Counties. Councilmember Zuckerman will talk to us about how his city’s residents are benefiting from having access to 100% clean energy.
Instructions for Participating in Our Meeting
As this is our first Zoom club meeting, we will be experimenting some with the format. Please read the following instructions:
- We request that you pre-register for this meeting by clicking on the button below. Please note that we will use your email address only for additional information about this meeting. We encourage you to receive our regular email by subscribing to our email list on the form on our home page.
- Once you complete the registration, you will receive an email with the link to join our meeting. If you lose the link, you can simply re-click the “Register” button below.
- The meeting starts at 2:30 PM on Sunday; however, we request that you join at 2:15 to make sure that you can properly connect, and perhaps chat with other attendees prior to the meeting starting.
- At 2:30, we will mute all participants; however, you can submit questions or request the floor by hovering your cursor over the zoom window and clicking on the “Chat” icon to send a message to the meeting host.
- We will have announcements after the speakers. If you would like to reserve a few minutes to make an announcement, please send us an email prior to the day of the meeting.
Please note: You can join our meeting on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or land-line telephone. If you have never joined a zoom meeting on your device, you may be asked to install a small zoom app. You can opt out of downloading software and then clicking the “Join from your browser” link; however, there will be some lost functionality if you choose that option.