- This event has passed.
PV Democrats August Meeting
August 21 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Due to the increase in COVID variant infections, we have opted NOT to host our August meeting in-person. Our August monthly meeting will be on Zoom only and we will re-evaluate the situation for our September meeting.
Social time begins at 2 pm if you would like to join us early. The meeting starts at 2:30 pm.
August 21 – 2021-22 Supreme Court Review: UCI Law’s 12th Annual Supreme Court Term in Review
Judge Tom Long of the Los Angeles Superior Court will continue our annual tradition of providing commentary on the Supreme Court cases reviewed in UCI (University of California Irvine) Law’s July 6 program.
The UCI panel is moderated by Professor Michele Goodwin, Chancellor’s Professor of Law, UCI Law and Executive Producer, Ms. Studios.
The panelists include:
- Aziza Ahmed, Professor of Law, Boston University School of Law – constitutional and criminal law expert
- Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean and Distinguished Professor of Law, Berkeley Law
- Mary Anne Franks, Distinguished Professor of Law, University of Miami School of Law and author of the book: The Cult of the Constitution
- Regina Mahone, Senior Editor – The Nation
- Mark Joseph Stern, Senior Writer – Slate
- Mary Ziegler, Professor of Law, University of California Davis School of Law and frequent contributor to The Atlantic