Who We Are
The Palos Verdes Peninsula Democratic Club was founded in 1952. Although the club name was changed slightly (we are now the Palos Verdes Democrats), all along we have been active in local, state and national politics.
Our monthly meetings often feature guest speakers who address current political or social issues. Special events include opportunities to meet our elected local, state, or national representatives, as well as events where candidates for office can be seen and heard.
The 2016 Elections are Over–What Can We Do?
- Indivisible Addresses PVP Democrats Monthly Meeting
- Notes on the LA Women’s March Against President Trump
- LA County Democratic Party Suggestions on What to Do Instead of Watching Inauguration
- Final Thank You Note from President Obama and Invitation to Subscribe to Post-Presidential Obama Foundation
- A Note from the Vice Chair of the California Democratic Party
On Saturday, 1/7/2017, the 66th Assembly District State Delegate Election Meeting was held to elect delegates to the State Democratic Convention. Two current members of the PVP Democrats made the cut--congratulations to Barbara Epstein and Sam Liu! For the other delegates, click here.
For those of you who remember our member, Margaret Blue, we are sorry to inform you of her passing in Palm Desert on December 31, 2015 at the age of 71. News was provided to us by Larry Smith, whose parents, Bob and Flo, were members in the 1980's. For those of you who remember them, we are sad to say that Bob and Flo have also passed.
If you have any member news that you would like posted here, drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.